|3: Development of Oral Language and Its Relationship to Literacy
- The three components of language are form, use, and content. What are the three systems of rules that govern the language form? What system of rules governs the use of language? What system of rules governs the content of language?
- Fully describe the suprasegmental and segmental aspects of phonology.
- How does language affect the development of reading, spelling, and discourse skills?
- Pragmatics dictates which three areas of communicative behavior?
- What is OME and how does it interfere with language development?
Visit http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/ela/e_literacy/index.html. Peruse Chapter One.